Buttery Flakey Biscuits

It's not a whole meal, but I could eat just biscuits and be very content. 🥰
It's taken me a lot of practice to come up with a recipe that I really like. Mana's biscuits are great, but these are really a step up. 
I just eyeballed this batch, and thankfully, they were perfectly moist, buttery, and flaky.
Here's the recipe to the best of my ability...lol😁 I'm an eyeballer. 
I didn't really measure well. 
Approximately 3 cups White Lily self-rising flour 
A stick and a half of frozen butter
I rarely keep buttermilk in the house, so I use half and half. I just added by eyeballing the dough.  Maybe 2 cups. You can get powdered dry buttermilk that keeps longer if you like buttermilk better 
I think that grating the butter frozen into the flour is what makes them flaky and moist. 
And I touch the dough as little as possible, so that my hands don't warm the butter. I use a pastry cutter to mix. And a fork. I only fold the dough maybe twice and pat it out as quickly as I can. Cut them out and get them in the pan. That frozen butter melts as they bake, and leaves nice tender, moist layers. 
I'm sorry I'm not accurate on measurements, but I think these are pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoy the recipes you find here! More are always being added so come back often!